Info & FAQ
Residential meal plans
Residential Meal Plans are selected during the housing application process through University Housing.
For more information on Residential Meal Plans, please visit: https://inside.sou.edu/housing/reshall/roombordfees.html
Residential Meal Plans
Community meal plans
If you are not living on campus, consider our Community Meal Plan options! Community Meal Plans are available for students, staff, faculty, and community members. Plans that have “meals” can only be redeemed at The Hawk which is our all you care to eat facility with eight different made to order dining options.
ALL PLANS ARE VALID FROM SEPTEMBER 1st- AUGUST 31st.
ASHLAND PLAN – $170
20 Meals ($8.50 per meal)
UNIVERSITY PLAN – $290
30 Meals ($8.00 per meal) – $50 Raider Cash
RAIDER PLAN – $565
65 Meals ($7.50 per meal) – $75 Raider Cash – Raider Cup
RAIDER CASH PLAN – $365
$400 Raider Cash – Raider Cup
Meal plans are non-transferrable and for individual use only.
Community Meal Plans
Raider Cup Club
Meal Plan FAQ
When do meal plans reset?
All residential meal plans reset weekly every Sunday at 11:59pm and are only applicable to meals at The Hawk. Raider Cash rolls over from term to term, but not from year to year. Any remaining Raider Cash will become forfeit at the end of the school year.
How can I purchase a Community meal plan?
- You can purchase a meal by contacting SOU Dining at 541-552-6042 or visiting the Administration Office at The Hawk in the Dining Commons. Cash, check, credit card, and charging SOU student accounts are accepted. All Residential Meal Plans are facilitated through University Housing as part of your room and board selection.
What does “price per meal” mean?
- The “price per meal” is the dollar amount that each meal will average out depending on the plan selected. For example, if you purchase the Ashland Plan which costs $170 for 20 meals, each meal averages out to $8.50. Whereas if you purchase the Raider Plan that costs $565 for 65 meals, each meal averages out to $7.50 instead of paying the door rate.
Where are the meals used?
- Meals are used at The Hawk only.
What is Raider Cash and where can I use it?
- Raider Cash is a credit on your account that is similar to a gift card. You can spend Raider Cash at The Landing, Elmo’s, Einstein’s, and Southern Grounds by swiping your card. You can also use Raider Cash at The Hawk to pay for your meal instead of using a meal swipe. Additionally, the vending machines located around campus also accept Raider Cash.
Am I allowed to add money to my meal plan account at any time?
- Yes, if at any time you need to add Raider Cash to your meal plan account you certainly can do so by contacting SOU Dining at 541-552-6042 or visiting the Administration Office at The Hawk in the Dining Commons.
Where do I bill event meals to an index code?
- To bill event meals to an index code, please reach out to the respective dining locations at least three business days prior to the event. For non-SOU affiliated groups, please reach out to SOU Conferences at email@example.com. The Hawk & Stevenson Union: firstname.lastname@example.org