Info & FAQ
Residential meal plans
Residential Meal Plans are sold and administered through Residence Life.
Residential Meal Plans are selected during the housing application process through University Housing. Any additions or changes to meal plans must go through SOU University Housing.
For more information on Residential Meal Plans, please visit: https://inside.sou.edu/housing/reshall/roombordfees.html
Residential Meal Plan Guidelines
- Every time a student enters The Hawk Dining Room, they will be charged a meal swipe.
- Students MUST present a valid form of I.D. when entering The Hawk.
- Students MAY NOT give their I.D. to someone else to use their meal plan.
- Meals can only be used by the purchaser and are intended for individual use only.
- To treat a friend, students can use their Raider Cash or Guest Passes.
- If they use up their weekly meal allowance, students may use their Raider Cash to Guest Passes to purchase additional meals in The Hawk.
- Raider Cash can be used in The Landing, The Hawk, and Einstein Bro’s Bagels
- Raider Cash carries over from term to term but does not carry over into Summer.
- If a student’s Raider Cash runs low, they may add more to their account online at (tinyurl.com/RewardYourRaider) or over the phone (541-552-6042) with cash, credit card, check or charge to their student account.
- Students should remember to use their plan wisely. Account balances can be checked at any time.
- Meal Swipes can only be used in The Hawk Dining Hall. One swipe is equivalent to one all you care to eat meal.
- Raider Cash is offered in addition to meal swipes to provide additional dining choices on campus and should be used to supplement the meals offered in their Meal Plan.
Residential Meal Plans
Community meal plans
If you are not living on campus, consider our Community Meal Plan options! Community Meal Plans are available for students, staff, faculty, and community members. Plans that have “meals” can only be redeemed at The Hawk which is our all you care to eat facility with eight different made to order dining options.
ALL PLANS ARE VALID UNTIL AUGUST 31st.
ASHLAND PLAN – $180
Up to $80 in Savings
UNIVERSITY PLAN – $320
30 Meals – $50 Raider Cash
Up to $120 in Savings
RAIDER PLAN – $625
65 Meals – $75 Raider Cash – Raider Cup Club Sticker
Up to $295 in Savings
RAIDER CASH PLAN – $400
$435 Raider Cash – Raider Cup Club Sticker
Meal plans are non-transferrable and for individual use only.
Community Meal Plans
Raider Cup Club
Meal Plan FAQ
When do meal plans reset?
All residential meal plans reset weekly every Sunday at 11:59pm and are only applicable to meals at The Hawk. Raider Cash rolls over from term to term, but not from year to year. Any remaining Raider Cash will become forfeit at the end of the school year.
How can I purchase a Community meal plan?
- You can purchase a meal by contacting SOU Dining at 541-552-6042 or visiting the Administration Office at The Hawk in the Dining Commons. Cash, check, credit card, and charging SOU student accounts are accepted. All Residential Meal Plans are facilitated through University Housing as part of your room and board selection.
Where are the meals used?
- Meals are used at The Hawk only.
What is Raider Cash and where can I use it?
- Raider Cash is a credit on your account that is similar to a gift card. You can spend Raider Cash at The Landing or Einstein Bros Bagels by swiping your card. You can also use Raider Cash at The Hawk to pay for your meal instead of using a meal swipe.
Am I allowed to add money to my meal plan account at any time?
- Yes, if at any time you need to add Raider Cash to your meal plan account you certainly can do so by contacting SOU Dining (541-552-6042, Soudining@sou.edu) or ONLINE (tinyurl.com/RewardYourRaider)
Where do I bill event meals to an index code?
- To bill event meals to an index code, please reach out to the respective dining locations at least three business days prior to the event. For non-SOU affiliated groups, please reach out to SOU Conferences at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Hawk & Stevenson Union: SOUDining@sou.edu